1. St John’s Wort is anti-microbial, anti-inflammatory and especially anti-viral. In fact, it has been used successfully for shingles, cold sores and other herpes manifestations.
2. St John’s Wort is a powerful nerve regenerator and can be used for healing injuries, especially in nerve-rich areas like fingers, toes and spinal areas.
3. St John’s Wort is sometimes called “Sunshine in a bottle” for it’s ability to ease symptoms of Seasonal Affective Disorder (SAD).
4. The herbal infused oil of St John’s Wort is useful for the prevention and healing of sunburn.
5. St. John’s Wort has a sedative and pain reducing effect, which makes it useful for neuralgia, especially facial neuralgia after dental extractions and toothache, anxiety and tension, as well as traumatic shock.